Monday, February 1, 2010

My experiences with technology

Throughout middle school and high school I have used technology in many ways. Starting out with my own lap top we used it for research, papers, and even making movies. Some classes used the lap tops a lot more then others. We were able to do science projects through slide shows or reports with pictures. One of the most important skills I feel we learned in middle school was how to do research. We were able to have teachers to help guide us on the correct way to search for information and site those resources. This is a life long tool that was very important to learn. In high school I have used multiple programs to make things such as a podcast and basketball programs. I made my own senior slide show along with my own calendar, and online scrap book. I learned how exciting typical lessons can be.

I feel I have learned a lot about how technology works. I am pretty good with computers and figuring out different programs. Although I would like to learn more about how to integrate that with teaching. I feel with the technology we have it is important to use it and make our lessons more exciting to students. Since I am interested in teaching at the younger levels it is more difficult to use technology but I feel it is still important to do so.

Since I do have a fairly strong knowledge about computers I feel it will come in use. However I do feel as though I need to learn more about how to intergrate lessons with technology. In order to be an effective teacher I know that I must be able to be flexible and be up-to-date with what is going on. The world is becoming more dependent on technology which is why these skills are important for students to learn how to use tools, such as computers. During middle school teachers taught us mostly on a trial and error basis. They let us do a lot of playing around in order to figure out certain programs. There would always be help if we needed it but by letting us figure it out for ourselves it helped us to try and learn things on our own.

1 comment:

  1. Your experiences with integration of technology in Maine seem to be very typical for the first generation of MLTI students. The teachers were truly learning along with the students.

    It seems like you have integrated technology fairly well in your life. Integrating technology in your lessons is an important skill. You need to know what technology and applications are available to you and how to best use them in your lesson planning.

    ReplyDelete